8/27/2012

Summer is ending

Time is running so fast, especially when it's Summer. It's been already two months that I'm here and one that I'm working. Well, summer is ending and I'm heading back home. YOU all there, be prepared for me, you will have veeery short time to get in touch with me. Girls, I'm counting with a Welcome party, minimum as good as the Byebye party was and then unfortunatelly I have to leave you again. So now go and read about the details what happened in Malta since the last post and how is my life going on in the future.

Since I started to work, I don't feel like party anymore. Of course not if I'm waking up every single morning. And as everyone knows 7-8hours of sleeping for Miss Tündee is not enough, the first morning movement at the office is the coffee. But to get a job - that's what I wanted. After work usually I'm heading to the Scott's Supermarket as I need to feed my boyfriend and the guys I'm living with. I already feel like a housewife, sometimes. But to get a boyfriend - that's what I wanted. On the days, when you are coming back home tired, angry and exhausted, for sure I'm not in the best mood for "housewifing", but when you see the smiles on the faces, how happy and thankful they are just because I made something "eatable", I know it worths it.
I never cooked that much and that often before. I'm still surprised how I am doing that. Living together for long years with your parents, especially when your father is a really good chef at the kitchen, means I never had to cook nothing special for myself except the morning breakfasts. But fried eggs, pasta or the bread-ham-cheese combination is not cooking. Everyone knows that. When I moved for my own in the last year, I started with the basic chicken and rice, but still prefered to eat somewhere or make the mentioned pastameals. However I always felt I have good skills for cooking I just never felt like doing that. Now I regret the days when my father was offering teaching me some specialities and I always said "I will learn when I will have to". Well, I think I can say this now is exactly the "I have to" situation. But I'm enjoying it as I succeed every single day with my menu. I told you, the skills :D
I mentioned the notpartying problem. Well, that's not exactly like that. It's just hard to compare the frequency  of my going outs of last and this summer. While I enjoyed parties and afterparties last year most of the nights, this year these are left only for the weekends. So no need to worry, I didn't become a home-sitting old granny, just some things became more important now.
Old. Yes. However I got one year older. Desperating. I feel like this age is the borderline between young and old (or at least the 'getting old'). But we celebrated that. I got some very special and surprising presents. Even from the people from who I didn't even expect. A "thank you" is going to all the pokerplayers who didn't let me alone on my night. A romantic dinner with your boyfriend at a very specific restaurant, pre-drinking coctails with all the Germans and dancing in my new favourit club in Paceville - sounds like a perfect Birthday Night. Thanks for attending again.
During this month we had some other celebrations of birthdays, like my roomie, WS celebrated his 22 again and can't not miss mentioning the concerts of the big names. In August Avicii, Paul Kalkbrenner and also Calvin Harris visited this tiny island. Who would expect that? But still, we had ticket for two of them. Avicii was in a huge festival area, so there was enough place for everyone, not that crowded, lot of beers, free shirts (and Germans :D), so I enjoyed that. Made few pictures even a video, but unfortunatelly that one is too awkward to publish. :) Right the next day was Paulie's night and I was very sorry I couldn't go there, but as the next day was a working day, had to stay at home. Last but not least Mr. Calvin Harris. This night was a huge surprise for me as I didn't even know we are going. I heared about that exactly one hour before leaving. What can I say? It was a fast preparation! However this area was too small and didn't have the capacity of the sold tickets. The walking and pushing people all around us were pretty annoying, I also had to warn one girl to stop kicking me, unless I kill her. Yeah, the aggressive me :D But I still made some videos about my favourite tracks, which I will even share with you.
This is how my summer is ending, in two days I'm leaving to the aeroporto and hope lot of friends will be waiting for me at home. My first todos are to move out very fast from my current accomodation, go to the school according interrupting my PhD and of course fill all the papers because of my changing address. After accomplish all of these I'm all yours. Of course I won't stop working, but don't worry, if you want to meet me, I will find time for all of you. And by the end of September I'm flying back to Malta, to my new home and new life.
Here are the promised pictures and videos:
Very special picture - my amazing Birthday Presentbox from my amazing boyfriend 
The Avicii in Gianpula (you see? beer! :D)
Day of one step forward - in Valletta to get my Maltese ID Card
Here we go, Calvin Harris - tickets waiting for me in the bedroom
Heading to Numero Uno for Calvin Harris
On my last weekend in Malta we made a boat sightseeing trip 
Three cities, Malta
Three cities, Malta 
Me on the boat
Malta is full of cats, at the end of the summer I had to capture one
Enjoy the videos of Calvin:



See you in September :)




No comments:

Post a Comment