5/23/2012

Yo no hablo Español muy bien en Barcelona

Ok, long time no word, so I decided to write about my next destination after my Malta summer in exchange. Here we go Barcelona.

Coming home from the island was pretty hard. It was like back to the Reality (which I really didn't miss at all). Cry, lack, sadness, frustration, disappointment and depression at least for one month. But what could I do? My school was calling. I decided for something before the summer, so had to comply with the duty of a PhD student/teacher. I was waking up every single morning with the same feeling "missing my Malta life". Tried to stay realistic and gave one chance to my studies. But I talked to myself and we agreed that every time when will have days off, will travel somewhere. I said DEAL! :)
So that is how I got to Barcelona. Lot of friends during the summer went to visit this city, because it was very close from the island. It was obvious I chose it as well. Must to see it too! :D But the real reason was the Spanish language. As I had to fulfill my days, I started to learn a new language: Español, so I could practice a bit.
I spent a week in beautiful Barca. My expectations about the language was too naive. :D Even if I would understand, they were talking that fast, was impossible to get the point. Actually I understood only the numbers, as on the last class before the trip we had this lesson. :D So I returned to my dear sweet English, fortunately mi amigo was quite good in that (not like the rest). Seriously, why don't these "latino" people speak English? Ok, I understand they have to learn the Catalan language as well, but even for me the English is just my third language (after Hungarian and Slovak) and I could learn it. I'm not expecting perfect complex sentences, but please at least the basic words like "how are you, what is your name, where are you from, where are we going". Whatever, because every time a guy started to talk to me, I just answered: "Yo no hablo Español muy bien" :) Those who wanted to talk to me, searched for the right English words. :)
But so much for language. Let's talk about the city. Barcelona is the capital city of Catalonia and the second largest city in the country. It lies on the Mediterranean coast of northeast Spain. I just googled it's the 16th most visited city in the world and the 4th most visited in Europe. Which means millions of tourist per year. In terms of weather it has a mediterranean climate, so when I was there end of October/beginning of November was perfect 20 °C for sightseeing.
The architecture is very important and also very famous. Of course Gaudí. Gaudí is everywhere. His most interesting work is the still unfinished church la Sagrada Família, which has been under construction since 1882 and completion is planned for 2026. I also visited Parc Güell by Gaudí, which is a garden complex with architectural elements, but what is funny originally was a part of housing site.
After the language, climate, buildings and parks, finally something about the beaches. Barcelona beach was listed as a number one in a list of top ten beaches in the world. It has 7 beaches, 4.5km coastline, where I made my first 360° panorama picture.
And at the end, something about the parties. I visited some famous clubs in the city, but the most amazing was the Sunday morning afterparty in Row 14, what really worthed for it. I can't imagine from where I got that energy after Saturday no sleep night, but I was dancing from dawn till afternoon.
So gracias mis amigos ICdB and JSM for the opportunity, for showing me the city and for taking care of me.

So first check the video, its insane:

And some pictures again:
La Sagrada Família
Parc Güell 
View from Parc Güell
The Beach
My perfect 360° panorama
me, 2pm, afterparty Barcelona, Row 14

No comments:

Post a Comment