10/07/2012

Sunshine and October

Hello guys, how are you? Another week passed in Malta and I still love this lovely island. Let me share with you some weather forecast (postcast) from Malta. All day sunny, partly cloudly with 27-28°C during the day. Isn't it sounds like Summer? Yes, it is!
For me it's almost unbelievable enjoying this kinda weather in October. Normally by now I would already wear jeans, sneakers, sweaters, jackets at home. Oh and socks haha! But instead of this I'm still trying to not to completely destroy my only one flipflops with the MALTA title, which are actually the only one I have, bought for 4 and the most comfortable I ever had. In addition I'm taking the advantage of the opportunity to wear sleeveless shirts, shorts, dresses for the last time. Of course I can't forget about the main dress code: the swimming suits. Yes, this is the fact I wanted to share with you actually. When the people were telling me it is still possible to swim in the ocean in October I barely believed. Well, now I tried it by myself and let me tell you: it's true! The weather is freakin' good and nice and sunny, so during the weekends I always spend some time at the beach, swimming, sunbathing and getting some more light tan 'till it's possible. Unlike the summertime, now it's more pleasant to stay on the rocks. You are not sweating from the hot and you don't feel like dying without dipping yourself in the water every 5 minutes. No, this time you can calmly stay outside longer: reading a book, listening the music, having a picnic, with eyes closed enjoying the sunbeam stroking your face. Booom! It's fun! I really hope this will last at least 'till end of the month.
However the temperature of the see is getting colder and colder. After coming back to the island I just couldn't wait to jump into it. It was a real punishment I could watch the waves and the sunshine every day, but still had to wait for the weekend. The weekend came and in 5 minutes I was just standing on the ladder hesitating jumping or not. Comparing to the temperature in the summer it was absolutely and definitely colder. The beach is still full of relaxing people, but the water seems quite empty. There are only few brave and strong candidates who are willing to jump a plunge - like me :D To be honest I don't really vote for this cold water, but how could I not to enjoy the waves and the ocean in October?!?
But what is really unusual to get used to this "getting dark early" thing. My mind know it's already autumn, so it's allowed that the days getting shorter. But my body and soul can't process this summer-feeling. "Why it is getting dark at 7pm in summer?! I'm confused." - me asking "Because it's October, hun :)"
Besides these all, yesterday we went to Valletta, just hanging out with some friends. Finally I entered the original Hard Rock Café at the Valletta Waterfront. Shame on me again! There are so many on the island and never visited, so this was the perfect time for that. However in the future I will visit every bar, café, club and restaurant (in Malta) I heared about! Unfortunatelly from yesterday I have no pictures at all, even if I looked brillliant in my new lovely pink dress combinated with a pink flowered rubber ring. Congratulations myself as I forgot to charge my mobile. At least my boyfriend was much happier with that - me no taking pictures or facebooking :)

News from Malta: Ancient secrets hidden in Malta, a multistorey building was found  under the earth close to a place called Paola. It is a hypogeum (underground chamber), which is considered as one of the most mysterious buildings on the planet. This complex system of underground labyrinths from 3000 BC was found thanks to an accident when a worker digging channels felt into one of the stone chambers. Well, what can I say? This is Malta, the place where everything is possible. For sime pictures check this link (the text is in Hungarian, but the pictures worth it)

This is all for today, next week I'm heading to Barcelona. Yupppeee :) Workwise, but still, I love this city. My Octobers in Barcelona, hehe. Even last year. So in the next post you can read more about that. Enjoy the last hours from your Sunday, it's working Monday tomorrow again :-/
During the week I catched Full Moon
It was a lovely Thursday - winish reunion with last summer waitress colleagues
Spoiled training in front of the balcony
Getting tan
Beach equipments
Empty see
After some swimming
Entry to the underground monument
Some memories from Barcelona October 2011
And here is a song from my faithful reader Dario :) I'm glad I came as well :D




No comments:

Post a Comment