10/14/2012

Sunny Valletta


 Hi guys,
sorry for the delay, but as everyone else first I wanted to see Felix's free jump from the edge of the space which was from 39km height. He jumped, it was brilliant and amazing, the whole world is proud of this Austrian guy and we all are happy. Now let's start this new blog post! I decided to share with you a short review about the Maltese capital today, as nothing new happened during the week except of the sunny days on the island (but I can't continue talking about that as they all at home will just hate me more and more :D).


So we have a new roommate, arrived this week. He is from Switzerland, but for my unluck he speaks good German, so I keep continue listening and not understanding this German blabla and of course the voices in my head even in the future. Nothing new or surprising. Besides all we also had a visitor (don't even need to mention), a German. So one afternoon we just went to Valletta for some sightseeing. Yes, again. The good thing about living abroad is that even if you are stayng there, being residant and owning a local ID card (!), you can make sightseeings every day, because every time you will discover something new, taking nice pictures which you can upload and make all of your home-friends hate you more :D

So please enjoy Evangeline's Valletta-sightseeing trip experience:
From the main bus station there is a straigth street leading to the touristical center. Street full of cafes, restaurants, fashion and souvenir shops. I apologize in advance but unfortunatelly I can't name all of the streets, squares or places on the pictures. There is this big square with a catherdal in the middle and with 2 huge terraces of restaurants. As you can see with a good reason is that big as it's always full of people - tourists.
One thing what I really love not just about Valletta, but about whole Malta is the architecture. The buildings are still so unusual for me, with colored balconies and special Maltese bricks. Even a classic living house looks like a historical building sometimes :)


As we are passing by we get to a huge square (probably St. George's square), the biggest one in the city. Here you can find more pretty buildings and this open fountain, which is my big favourite during the summer, when all the children are just jumping and dancing around. Including me :)


After this we chose the right side first, which means the right waterfront of Valletta peninsula, from where we can see the famous Three cities in front of. Also there is a garden called Lower Barracca Garden. Just to make it clear for those who didn't know 'till now: in Malta there are barely green zones. So when I enter here a garden full of palms and trees and flowers I feel like in Heaven. 


This statue is also in that garden, I think you understand why I couldn't miss to capture it :D 
This exactly is the view from the waterfront. What you see here are the Three Cities: Birgu, Bormla and Isla, renamed to Vittoriosa, Cospicua and Senglea.
 Right next to the garden is this second World War Siege Memorial. I also made a picture about myself on the top just as a prove I have been there :D 
(By the way just as an info: close to this place is the office where you can get the Maltese identity card)

So after checking the right side we walked back to the left waterfront, from where you see whole Gzira, Sliema and Saint Julians. I have never been at this spot before. A friend showed us this place, he said it's his favourite sightseeing spot in Valletta. Well, I didn't know what is he talking about until we entered the Hestings garden and saw that beautiful, amazing and increadible view. Now I understand! :) See the panorama below (unfortunatelly made only with phone)

 Mentioning the palms, here you have a nice one :D
The reason I uploaded this picture, because I wanted to show you this nice green and white color-combination, which grabed my gaze.
Walking back to the bus station I saw this retro car and this nice ..ehm "something" and I just thought it worths to make a picture. 





For those, who haven't noticed and are interested, I created a new page on Tumblr, called Evintageline. The name showes it's about me and my vintage interest, so feel free to follow me there. There is nothing to read, only nice collection of pictures to like and see.
See you and byebye :)

No comments:

Post a Comment