9/30/2012

The Maltese

Well, well, well... so officially moved Malta. It's not like just a quick jump to the Rocks when it's hot and sunny anymore. There will be rainy and cold days and I still will have to call it as my Home. All the people are coming back here even it's not the most perfect place to stay. There is something on this island what makes it glamorous and magical. True, Malta has a heart.

I arrived Tuesday night. I already had enough flights to or from Malta, but this time it was increadibly long, boring and neverending. I just coundn't wait for this big lifestyle-changing and I'm still pretty excited about it. Packing out fully from my luggage, going shopping, cooking, taking care about my boy and the guys - a completely parentless independent life. Every day is a new challenge as I need to cope workwise and as a roommate/girlfriend too. But I'm doing it good.
But let's go back a little bit in time. The time when I was still in Slovakia. My biggest problem, seriously HUGE problem was to figure out how to take EVERYTHING what I want with myself. Well, as we girls know that 20kg is sometimes not even enough for a week holiday, at least you can understand me. But long months?!?!?! I'm emotionally addicted to my lovely jeans, colored dresses, comfortable high heels, retro unique jewellery from different markets, shampoo for blond hair and I could even continue this the list is full. Because it's not like I can buy these stuff here. Of course I will buy new too!!! :D But I need my old ones as well. So I sent a box to myself. This way I saved like 8kg. Ah and the packing... It was like a mission impossible. Trousers, shirts, blouses, dresses, shoes, ballerinas, boots and more shirts and coats... so basically everything. But I did it! Hah, bitch please! Well, it's true I cheated a bit and of course I used my charm with the airport-boy when the scale showed 25kg. I think he didn't even notice those extra kilos. When I arrived in boots and winter coat to Malta I felt a bit ridiculous in 30°C degrees, but it was evening and dark, so who cared. :)
Right the next day I drove to Valletta to pick up my Maltese Identity Card and I was so proud to become residential in this country. And finally even the bus ticket will be much cheaper. Those prices are really for tourists who don't get a shit about it as they are on holiday and doesn't matter how much they pay.
Meeting my boyfriend, the friends from summer and/or last summer feels like I was waiting for this moment for ages. Definitely it was a longest September in my calendar.
About some activities...because hell yeah, it was ruled out to sit at home during the weekend. My lovely Maltese, they really thought about me when they organised the Saturday event: NOTTE BIANCA, all night long Valletta. It was no question to go as I love this kinda social events - sellers everywhere with food, wine, souvenirs and lot of programs. I never saw the city that crowded. But more about this night with pictures and videos in the next post here: My Notte Bianca in la Valletta.
So with this I end this article, but the inevitable pictures coming:
Vienna (ready to go with 25+ kg) vs. Malta (enjoying the sun and boyfriend)



The Happy TünDee with the new ID card
Big Cooking Experience started - Baked pasta with minced meat
The most friendly gesture 1 day before my flight for my new life-journey:
received gift with home made  jam and ketchup from my friend J
After a gift it was a mission set up for  pancakes - succeed :)
Bon apetit and good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment