9/22/2012

Princess in Bratislava

Do you know what I mean when I say "swing"? Swing music is a style of jazz played by big bands in the 1930s for dancing audience. Well, yes, it was long time ago. Today the youth is not listening this style anymore, most of them are addicted to this commercial music played in radios. Fortunatelly Marcus Füreder (Parov Stelar),a musician-DJ from Austria got this brilliant idea to save what is left from swing. He is a founder of a new genre called "eletronic swing" - fusing classic swing with popular music. What can I say? He did it good. In 2005 in collaboration with other musicians Parov Stelar Band started to perform live sets.
Today Parov Stelar Band represents this amazing unimitable style, they are world famous, luring hundreds of people to their concert areas. This Friday I was one of those lucky hundreds, who could swing live together with the band on their Princess world tour.
As far as I know this was their second visit in the city after past year in October. I couldn't get there then, so this time it was a mission to find partners and tickets to attend. They were amazing. This band is simply amazing, a perfect collection of professional musicians. Here are the members:
  • Parov Stelar - programing
  • Cleo Panther - vocals
  • Max The Sax - saxophone
  • Jerry Di Monza - trumpet
  • Michael Wittner - bass
  • Willie Larsson Jr. - drums
I know I should say few words about the concert, but I simply can't describe it. I love this music, I always loved this band and I always will. Instead of description I give you a live music feeling (videos) for those who were not there. 
As I said the band is supercool. With all due respect to Parov, I still think the live performance would not worth anything without the singer, Cleo. She is a girl borned to stage. Everythings she is doing during the song is perfect. Her voice, her moves, her hair, her body, her outfit is admirable. She is exactly what the band needs (probably they also know it :D). She is wild, crazy and sexy, feeling self-comfortable mystifying the audience. She is the girl even I would marry. :) Look at her outfit from yesterday. This is a style only few people can wear. She is doing it perfectly. Definitely she was the best choice and best marketing ploy for the band. 
Guys, you are great as well. What I love about the members, they don't dress in the newest collection from New Yorker. They keep their outfit with the style of the music. They are wearing white/black shirts with braces and tie like real gentlemen. Like it! :)

So Parov Stelar Band, hats off, you were simply cool and I'm glad I could finally listen those tracks live. Here are some I recorded (I know not the best quality, but better less than nothing).

My old and new favourits are Catgroove and All night, so enjoy !:)






No comments:

Post a Comment